Sunday, May 01, 2005

Leaving the World Behind

So I needed a break. Haven't you ever just wanted to just go away for a while? Nigel and I took some time off and went to visit his sister and her husband in Vancouver. Boy, did we need that.

So now I'm home; and I'm catching up on the blogworld I left behind as a result. I find that Alisa has a new lover and has filed for divorce from her husband! That Johanna has a cool new addition to her blog called "The Friday Ten." And my MJ is dipping into Spanish.

I hope to blog more often now that I feel 100% better about life. Note: I got through my tough period by playing games, having lots of wild sex, and partying with friends, and not with any pills. Take that, anti-depressants!

2 comments:

Margaret Larkin said...

What was the problem? Overworked?

Shopgirl said...

MJ, the world gets to me sometime. And when that happens, I have to leave to a woodsy like place and center myself. It's just how I handle things when I'm sad about this world.

Usually, I'm an upbeat person, but when sad things occur so close to one another, I kind of need to free myself for a few days (or weeks).